- 2 cups all purpose GF* flour
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (8 1\4 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup of rum soaked raisins (optional)
In a small bowl, put your raisins and enough rum to just soak them. Set aside while you gather your ingredients and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Put all of your wet ingredients in your mixing bowl first, then add your dry ingredients on top of that and mix carefully until it is fully incorporated, about 3 minutes. (Use your best judgement on mixing speeds!)
On low speed, carefully add the shredded carrot, pineapple and rum soaked raisins (rum and all). Mix on low until incorporated.
Your mixture will be liquid-y, which is fine. Line a muffin tin with standard (2") cups and pour about 1\3 cup of batter into each cup. They will not rise much, if at all, so calculate.
Bake about 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Makes about 2 dozen (24) or so cupcakes .
While those babies are cooling you can make the
cream cheese frosting with orange zest:
- 1 package (3 oz.) of cream cheese (or neufchatel), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of cold butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons on lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1\2 cups of powdered (confectioners) sugar
- the zest of 1 medium orange
Soften the cold butter in the mixer first for about 3 minutes. Then add your room temperature cream or neufchatel cheese. Add the lemon and powdered sugar a tablespoonful at a time. When it is fully incorporated, beat it on medium for about a minute. Then zest your orange.
When cupcakes are cooled, frost and sprinkle with a bit of orange zest. Makes about 1 cup, or just about enough for the number of cupcakes.
* That's Gluten-free folks!